- Fit eyeglasses and contact lenses per written prescriptions issued by ophthalmologists or optometrists
- Examine written prescriptions to determine the specifications of lenses and frames
- Recommend appropriate frames for style and prescription
- Recommend appropriate lense choices per patient and prescription need
- Review patient visual needs and recommend multi-pair solutions for special needs
- Measure P.D.s and segment height for ordering of eyewear
- Accurately fill out order forms and send to supplier for processing
- Follow up on orders to assure prompt service to customer
- Use a lensometer to verify exactness of lenses to doctor’s prescription
- Adjust and bend frames to fit patient
- Problem solve patient issues with eyewear
- Insert lenses and fix broken product
- Greet and welcome patients
- Understand industry terms and process optical orders
- Complete insurance paperwork
- Maintain patient records
- Enter data into a computer
- Price frames and lenses
- Collect payments and provide receipts
- Prepare daily deposits
- Order and maintain office inventories
- Maintain clean and professional looking office areas
- Be kind, be caring, be helpful and be responsible
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. – Noon
Employee hours are scheduled and are dependent on patient demand.
Please click here to download the application in PDF format.